MSJ&E of the Govt. of India, has formulated a scheme known as PM Young achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India (YASASVI) for award of scholarships to Other Backward Class (OBC), Economically Backward Class (EBC) and Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes De-notified Tribe(DNT) students, annual income of whose parents/guardian is not more than Rs. 2.5 lakhs, studying in identified Schools.
About Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment(MSJ&E), Govt. of India
MSJ&E, Govt. Of India implements Govt. policies on promotion of activities relating to education, welfare, social justice and empowerment of disadvantaged and marginalized sections of the society viz. Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes, Persons with Disabilities, Senior Citizens and Victims of Drug Abuse etc.
About Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India for OBCs and others (YASASVI)
- PM YOUNG ACHIEVERS SCHOLARSHIP AWARD SCHEME FOR VIBRANT INDIA FOR OBCs AND OTHERS (PM –YASASVI)” is an umbrella Scheme for OBCs, EBCs and DNTs. It is a Central Sector Scheme for providing Top Class School Education to OBCs/EBCs & DNTs.
- Scholarship under the scheme will be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Govt. of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant belongs, i.e, where he/she is domiciled.
- The Top Class School can be Public (Cental/State/Local body) or aided Schools or private schools.
The award of scholarships is at two levels:
- For candidates who are in Class IX
- For candidates who are in Class XI
It proposes to conduct an exam for selection of candidates for award of the scholarships.
The Department of Social Justice and Empowerment under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Government of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the YASASVI ENTRANCE TEST to NTA.
|Opening Date for Submission Online Application Form||27 July 2022|
|Last Date for Submission Online Application Form||26 August 2022|
|Display of Admit Cards from NTA website||05.09.2022 onwards|
|Date of Examination||11.09.2022( Sunday)|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Timing of Examination||02.00 PM to 05.00 PM|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Exam fee||No exam fee is to be paid by the candidates|
The eligibility requirements for appearing in the exam are as follows:
- Applicants should be Indian Nationals
- They should be belonging to OBC or EBC or DNT category.
- They should be studying in identified Top Class Schools.
- They should have passed Class 8 or Class 10 ( as the case may be) in 2021-22
- The annual income of the parents/guardian from all sources should not be more than Rs. 2.5 lacs
- Candidate applying for Class 9 Exam should have been born between 01-04-2006 to 31-03-2010 (both days inclusive).
- Candidate applying for Class 11 Exam should have been born between 01-04-2004 to 31-03-2008 (both days inclusive).
- Both boys and girls are eligible to apply. Eligibility requirements for girls are the same as for boys.
How to Apply
Step 1: Registration Form:
Register for Online submission of form using your own Email ID and date of birth and note down system generated Application Number.
- Candidate’s Name/ Mother’s Name/ Father’s Name: Provide Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name as given in the School records
- Date of Birth: dd/mm/yyyy Provide Candidate’s date of birth as recorded in School records
- Mobile Number and e-mail Address: Candidates must provide own Mobile Number or that of their parents/guardian and email address
Step II: Fill in the complete Application Form
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non-Creamy Layer as per the Central List of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website (www.ncbc.nic.in). Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must not choose OBC-NCL.
- Provide complete postal address with PIN Code (Correspondence Address as well as Permanent Address) for further correspondence. PIN code of Correspondence Address should be given in the space provided for this purpose.
Uploading of scanned images
- A recent photograph (in jpg/ jpeg file, size 10Kb – 200Kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background.
- Candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb);
- Category Certificate (file size: 50kb – 300kb);
- Income Certificate and (file size: 50kb – 300kb);
- PwD Certificate (file size 50 kb-300 kb), if applicable.
- Both the Steps can be done together or in separate sittings.
After (successful completion of Step-2, Confirmation Page of the Application Form, should be downloaded and a printout of the same may be retained for future reference.
Scheme of Examination
The YET 2022 will be conducted for award of scholarships to OBC, EBS and DNT candidates
studying in Class 9 and Class 11 in identified Top Schools .
Mode of Examination
YET 2022 will be conducted in Computer Based Test(CBT) mode. The question paper will be Bilingual (Hindi and English)
Pattern of Question Paper
The Exam will be of Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions.
Pattern of the Test
|Exam duration||3 hours|
Only one correct response
No negative marking
Syllabus of Examination
NCERT Syllabus of Class 8th for admission in class 9th and NCERT Syllabus of Class 10th for admission in class 11th.
List of Examination Cities
|Download Information Bulletin||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|