UPSC full form is Union Public Service Commission
UPSC Full Form
- UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission. UPSC exam is one of the toughest exams in the country. While Union Public Service Com is the prestigious and major exam conducting authority. The Union Public Service Commission conducts various examinations to recruit eligible candidates for the Indian Government. It also conducts the CSE (Civil Services Examination), which is also known as the IAS examination. This exam is conducted in 2 phases such as UPSC prelims and mains. In this paper, the preliminary examination will be objective-based type while the mains exam will be descriptive in nature. It also includes the essay-writing too. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is also responsible for conducting various examinations for the post like IAS, IFS, IPS and more of them.
- In the year 1923 under the chairmanship of Lord Lee of Fareham, the Royal Commission on superior civil service was set up, which had equal numbers of Indian and British members’ the year 1924 on the recommendation of the report submitted by the public service commission was set up.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the government agency responsible for recruiting officers into the civil services of the country. It conducts the exam and selects candidates based on pre-selected criteria. The civil services include services like the IAS, IFS, IPS, IRS, etc.
- UPSC is India’s central agency which conducts exams like Civil Services Exam (CSE) to recruit candidates into top government services like IAS, IPS, IFS etc. UPSC recruits candidates to both civil services as well as defence services.
- Education Qualification for IAS exam: Candidate must hold a Graduate Degree from a recognised University. UPSC Civil Services Exam Age Limit: Candidate must be a minimum of 21 years of age and must not be more than 32 years of age.
- Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
- Rarest of all human quality is consistency.
- The hardest thing in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn.
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle.
- All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established.
- Arise, awake, and, stop not till the goal is reached.
- You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
- Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.
- Genius is 1% talent and 99% percent hard work.