OCD full form is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
OCD Full Form
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) features a pattern of unwanted thoughts and fears (obsessions) that lead you to do repetitive behaviors (compulsions). These obsessions and compulsions interfere with daily activities and cause significant distress.
- Repeating words in their head. thinking “neutralising” thoughts to counter the obsessive thoughts. avoiding places and situations that could trigger obsessive thoughts.
- OCD can manifest in four main ways: contamination/washing, doubt/checking, ordering/arranging, and unacceptable/taboo thoughts. Obsessions and compulsions that revolve about contamination and germs are the most common type of OCD, but OCD can cover a wide range of topics.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental health disorder that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and occurs when a person gets caught in a cycle of obsessions and compulsions. Obsessions are unwanted, intrusive thoughts, images, or urges that trigger intensely distressing feelings.
- Experts aren’t sure of the exact cause of OCD. Genetics, brain abnormalities, and the environment are thought to play a role. It often starts in the teens or early adulthood. But, it can also start in childhood.
- I’m a person who also happens to have OCD.
- When the disease is known it is half cured.
- It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end.
- Suffering begins to dissolve when we can question the belief or hope that there’s anywhere to hide.
- Pain of mind is worse than pain of body.