About the Contest
Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has launched the third edition of its innovation contest, ‘Dare to Dream 3.0’ as a tribute to the visionary, the legendary former President and eminent scientist, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam . Dr. Kalam first espoused the vision of self-reliance and India’s very own development model. The Contest is being launched for promoting research in various fields of emerging technologies in order to promote both individuals and startups for the creation of innovation in defence and aerospace technologies in the country for realizing the vision of an ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ given by our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
Dare to Dream is an idea-based open challenge to promote the innovators and startups of the country and enable them to dream big without any limitations, putting their ideas into tangible results. The winners will be declared after a comprehensive evaluation process by two level committees i.e Domain Expert Committee ( DEC) and Independent Expert Committee ( IEC). Award money of upto INR 10 lakhs for startups and INR 5 lakhs for individuals will be provided to the respective winners. Select proposals will also be given a chance to actualize their vision and ideas, and contribute to the development of a robust defence ecosystem.
- Individuals: Should be Citizen of India above 18 years of age.
- Start-ups: Start-ups controlled by Indians and recognized by DPIIT (formerly known as DIPP).
The entries received will be judged by a two stage process,
(a) screened by Domain Expert Committee and
(b) short-listing and ranking by Independent Expert Committee.
List of Areas for the Contest
- Remote Detection & Protection from CBRNE Agents
- Underwater Communication Systems
- Smart Batteries and Self-Healing Batteries for Military Applications
- Defence on Cloud (Block Chain Technology, IOT, ML, AI)
- Cognitive Technologies for Sensing and Adaptation
- Shockwave Applications for Defence
- Innovative Ideas for Anti Drone
- Ideas for Soldiers as a System
- Non-Line of Sight Optical Imaging
- Open Category: Exploring the Unthinkable and Unimaginable
- Applications to be submitted through online mode only.
- Applications to be submitted either in Individual or Start-up category.
- Maximum of 04 members including one defined Team leader can participate under individual category.
- An individual having start-up may apply in the capacity of Individual as well as Start-up.
- Select the challenges for which you want to make submissions
- An individual or start-up can apply for not more than five area of challenge.
- Provide a write-up for each challenge selected. You can also submit attachments (PDF format, less than 5 MB) with more details for the submission.
|1st Prize||5 lakh||10 lakh|
|2nd Prize||4 lakh||8 lakh|
|3rd Prize||3 lakh||6 lakh|